have composed in my head you would be so tired of me...
this way i'm keeping the mystery alive, right?
maybe you've even thought of me every once in a while
when you see a set of lockers or a pencil with bite marks in it...
or maybe you forgot all about me & my big dreams
which is totally fine, too, because believe me, i have not forgotten.
so here's a little update
with bullet points
because they look like polka dots & i just can't pass them up...
- old school is still in the forefront of my mind most times. i've got so many ideas & i love thinking up new things. right now i'm working on finding people who might want to contribute money to helping old school get started. i'm looking into a kickstarter type of thing, crowdsourcing it's called (& i've learned some new vocabulary along the way). i love it because anyone who wants to can contribute as little or as much as they want to (one time i contributed $4 to help a blogger i love get her dress line launched. & when she reached her goal i took all the credit :)
- i will let you know when i get all of that going & then you can contribute & take all of the credit, too :)
- i'm working on a business plan & it is not fun. & i've done a few not fun things in my life, including but not limited to working at mcdonalds with a manager who loved the phrase 'sucks to be you', watching 'black swan' alone in an empty movie theater & having an 8 month old throw up down the back of my shirt & then sitting in it because right after that he fell asleep & i didn't want to wake him up (though some might just call that love). writing a business plan is much more not fun than that (& it wreaks havoc on my sentence structuring). i have a little guide from the internet so i'm doing my best. also, thankfully, i have a couple of friends who have offered to look at it after i'm done to help me with changes & polishing. sadly, that means i actually have to write it in order to have it looked at. i put off doing it for quite some time & in the back of my mind i thought that it probably wasn't as hard as i was making it out to be. nope, it is. but worth it because it needs to be done. & sometimes that just has to be the best reason to do it.
- i met with a realtor who wasn't really into my idea. & that's okay.
- i told lots of people about my idea & they were totally into it. & that's really okay :)
- i've got some great people on my team. i'm super excited to introduce you to them in a few weeks. they are awesome!
- i'm working on a website that i will share soon, too. it's packed full of info about old school. i can't wait to hear what you think about it.
- i made some little info cards for people to be able to look at the website. it's not our final logo or design at all (i have a wonderful graphic designer who is doing some great stuff for that) it's just something for me to be able to give people when i think they might be interested in finding out more about old school. they are moo cards & so delicious! oh my goodness, the texture is so soft that i want to rub them on my cheek (don't worry i won't give that one to you). & the design! isn't it perfect? just right for these little 'here's a bit of info for you' cards. love!
- at one point i was getting ready to partner with a really awesome person who is very knowledgeable in all of the things that i am not. i was super excited & it felt like everything was coming together. but then her circumstances changed & a partnership didn't happen. i was really sad. i was so ready for the talent that she was going to bring. i was so excited to work with her. i never thought about giving up but i did take a few weeks off from doing much. in a nice little silver lining this break came right around christmas time, a time when i would have taken a little time off anyway. not to pollyanna it all up but it was good timing. & i learned a little lesson: there's not only one person for a job. this doesn't mean that people are replaceable, but that there are lots of talented people out there. i just have to look for them.
- are you a talented person? email me if you would like to be a part of something really fun: email@example.com (see? that's one way i can look for them :)
sharing with you,
letting you know what's happening
& getting your feedback.
(i love your feedback the most)
next week i'll share the website.
thanks for coming by.
i can't wait until i have an actual place that you can come by.
then i can hug you!
unless you don't like hugs.
then, i will just give you a really meaningful look
(but not creepy, i promise.)
as always, if you have anything to say about old school, say it here
(or on facebook)
(or email me)
(or text me)
(or wait for me outside goodwill)